Property Foundation Crack Red Flags

Q: Should I care about a foundation crack in my home?
-Eugene, Harrisburg, PA

A: Good question, Eugene. Cracks in the foundation of your home that are wider than 3/16 of an inch can be very serious. If you do have a foundation crack that’s wider than 3/16 of an inch you should immediately seek the assistance of a structural engineer to check things out. The longer you let structural problems in your house fester, the more expensive the remedy often is. Thanks for your question, Eugene—good luck. For more real estate tips and information, visit or I’m Gerald Lucas and I’ll see you again soon.